If you are facing any wearable issue or are planning to sell your Apple watch or you have forgotten your apple watch passcode then you need to know how to reset the Apple watch by using your iPhone or without using it.
Like other devices before resetting your Apple watch, it is recommended to back it up especially when you want to get back all your information on your other Apple watch. Your Apple watch will be automatically backed up if you have backup your iPhone through iCloud or your Mac computer. Ensure that all the backups must be encrypted.
How do I do a reset on my apple watch?
If you have paired your apple watch with your iPhone then you can easily reset your apple watch from your iPhone by using the following steps:
- Place your Apple Watch and iPhone nearby and install a watch app on your iPhone. Open the app and scroll down until you find the general option. Click on it and scroll down to the reset option.
- On the reset, tab selects the “Erase Apple watch content and settings” option. Tap on the “Erase All content and settings” Option present at the bottom of the screen and then confirm it by again tapping on Erase all Content and Settings Option”.
- If you are using a cellular Apple watch then you have to decide whether you want to delete your plan or not. If you want to remove your cellular data plan then you can easily do it by selecting the remove all cellular plans option from the watch app.
How to factory reset my apple watch without my phone?
Apple has enabled its users to factory reset the Apple watch from the watch itself. You will find all the important tasks on the mini screen of the watch. Follow the given steps to know how to reset the apple watch if you have not paired your watch with your iPhone :
- Open the settings on your apple watch and select the general option. On the general screen scroll down until you find the option of Reset.
- On the next screen, you will find the option to Erase all content and settings along with all the information and an alarming message about what you will lose when you factory reset the Apple watch.
- A prompt will appear on your screen if you have set a passcode on your apple watch. Enter your passcode and then scroll down and select erase all options.
- You will find the “erase all and keep the plan” option If you are using a GPS+ cellular watch with a data plan. Nothing will happen to your data plan.
You can unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone without resetting it. To do it go to the Watch App and from the main menu of the watch app tap on the All watches option present at the upper left corner of your iPhone screen. On the All watches tab tap on the information icon present it at the right side of your watch name and then select “unpair Apple watch”.
Can I reset my apple watch without the passcode?
Yes, you can factory reset the apple watch if you have forgotten your apple watch passcode by following the given steps:
- Plugin the charger into your apple watch and keep it on charging. Turn off your apple watch by pressing and holding the side button.
- firmly press the power off the slider and then release it. Then “erase all content and settings” options will appear on the screen. Tap on this option and your apple watch will be reset.
You will need to know how to reset the Apple watch if you are selling it or you have other issues. Generally, Apple has provided a resetting option in the Apple watch and you can do it easily. You can also reset your apple watch by pairing it with your iPhone and you just have to launch the watch app on your iPhone.
If you have set a passcode on your apple watch and now you don’t remember it then you still can factory reset the Apple watch by using the steps as mentioned in the above article.