Google accounts can provide you access to different Google services. When a user logs in to a Google account then he can access most of the Google services. These services include Gmail, Google Photos, Google cloud storage, Google drive. By logging in to a Google account, many apps such as YouTube automatically sync to the Google account and the users can see their profile on those apps.
All the services a user gets from Google contain personal data of the user for instance Google photos contain pictures, YouTube contains videos, and Gmail contains files. You can save all your data from Google services to your Google cloud but it could overcrowded. You can download any type of data from any Google service into your mobile phones or computers. By saving your data you get an offline backup of your important things and you can also move them to other services easily.
Follow the following steps to save your data from services:
- Go to a web browser and log in to your Google account if already not.
- Open the “Google Takeout” page. On the page, you will find a list of Google services.
- Select the service from which you want to save your data and click “Next”.
- The next screen of the customized archive format will appear. On this screen, you can select the format type in which you want the file to save. You can select zip/tbs. You can download data within a specific range which ranges from 1 GB to 50GB. Then select the process you want from the “Delivery method”. You can send a file to Drive or Dropbox or you can download the link through email.
- Click ” Create archive”. Then wait till you receive a confirmation email. The time depends on the number of services you have selected and the format.
- After the creation of the archive, tap on “Download” to download your zipped file to your computer. You can download your created archives for up to 7 days.
To check or see the pending or completed archives go to Google takeout and then go to ” Manage archives” a new page will open, it will contain all the archives in a list form. On the download, your data page of manage archives you will find a note on the most upper side of the page. In this note, Google has provided some important precautions to the users such as ensuring that where the user is taking all his data is a safer place or service.
For the security and privacy of users, Google will again ask about your Google password in case you have selected the download link. After the downloading is completed you can open the zipped file and you will find Google circles, Google profile, albums, and many more depending on the files you have downloaded.
In case someone is deleting his or her Google account then he should save all the personal data by using the above procedure so all the important personal data would not be lost. Google has provided very easy to their users to download their data easily on their computer.
If you found this article interesting and useful then do follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter so you can get notified when a new article is updated.