We are well aware of the Snapchat features and filters. Your friends Mostly share pictures with you, pictures can be personal or are to give updates on any topic. Whatever the picture is, on snap chat, it will disappear after you open it. This feature is built by the Snapchat company and every user knows this. But what if you want to see the picture again? there is no method to watch an open snap on Snapchat.
But you can take a screenshot of the snaps so you can watch it any time. But here the difficulty is that when you take a screenshot of any picture of someone, the other person will know about it as they get a notification about taking a screenshot. Even if they switched off the notification, you will also show a notification message ” you took a screenshot” in your chat.
So the question that comes to our mind is “Is there a way to screenshot without Snapchat knowing? Yes, you can do it by following some tips and tricks as mentioned in this article. After reading this article you will be able to know ” How to screenshot a snap on Snapchat without knowing the sender”.
Does Snapchat notify you when you screen record?
The built-in screen recording feature of android and iPhone can be used to save the picture without notifying the sender but the results are not 100%. Make sure to start the recording before opening the snap and even Snapchat if you turn on the screen recording while opening the snap then there is a chance that the sender will get a notification.
For screen recording on Android phones go to the notification panel and then go to the quick settings panel. Find the screen recording icon and tap on this icon to record the snap or video from Snapchat.
To screen record on iPhone go to the control center and turn on this feature by tapping.
A Lot of third-party screen recording apps are present. You can download applications from the Apple app store as well as the Google play store. Snapchat does not provide protection against too many third-party apps on the market.
How to screenshot a snap on Snapchat without knowing the sender
You can take screenshots by using airplane mode and clear the cache memory features of your device. Follow the given steps to screenshot on Snapchat without knowing the sender:
- Put your device in airplane mode from the settings or by using the quick setting panel by swiping down from the top of your device screen. Make sure that you don’t have to open Snapchat before enabling airplane mode.
- Go to Snapchat and open the chat. Open the desired snap and take a screenshot. Go back and go to your profile by tapping on the profile icon present on the top left side of the screen. Don’t disable airplane mode while doing the process.
- Your profile menu will appear on the screen. A gear sign of settings is present at the top right corner of the screen, click on it to open.
- Scroll down in the settings menu until you find the section of “account actions”. Under the heading of account actions “clear cache” option is present, tap on it to open the clear cache menu. Tap on the “clear all” present under the “All caches” heading to clear all the cache memory.
- A confirmation notification will pop up on the screen, hit the button of clear to confirm the deletion process. When you are done then turn off airplane mode from the settings.
How do you open a Snap without it saying opened?
You can open any snap without notifying it by using the same process as it is mentioned above. Turn on airplane mode, open the snap and then clear all the caches and turn off the airplane mode feature. Snapchat will not remember about it to notify the sender.
Can anybody know how many times I viewed their Snapchat story?
No, there is no feature provided by Snapchat that enables its users to know how many times the story has been viewed. The viewer list is dependent on who has watched in the past and Snapchat will keep updating the viewer list in the same manner.
Snapchat has a built-in feature that the snap will disappear after you open it. But if you want to keep it then the only way is to take a screenshot of it and the sender will be notified from Snapchat that you took the screenshot. After reading the above article you will know how to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing.