There are many stages in life where a person has to do different work. Sometimes he has to do brain work, sometimes bodywork, and sometimes he has to do the writing.
If a person is thinking to write on a topic like an essay, report or novel then the important things to be considered are:
- The app for writing an article.
- Word limit
When a person knows all these things he can easily write an essay, report, or novel. Google docs are one of the Google services that allow users to write anything on any topic, the most amazing feature of this app is word count.
A person must know the number of words he is writing to obey the instructions given to him. Checking word count on Google docs is very easy, no matter on which device we are using Google docs. It not only tell the word count but also the characters and number of pages written by us. This feature is very beneficial for users.
Checking Word Count on Google Docs on Desktop:
A person can easily check the words he has written in Google docs, He just has to follow the steps given below:
- A person must log in to his Google account and then move to https://docs.google.com.
- A person can open the document on which he wants to continue work or he can also open new Google docs.
- After typing or while typing, if a person wants to observe what are the number of words he has typed. He has to click on the option ‘Tools’ which is present at the top of the menu.
- After clicking on ‘Tools’, a list will appear. Tap on ‘word count’.Here we will see the number of words, characters, and pages.
- We can also be allowed to see word count display on the screen while typing by clicking on the option ‘Display Word Count While typing’.Then click on ‘OK’.
- Now, a small word count reader will appear at the bottom left corner. From here, we can see all the details mentioned above.
Checking Word Count on Google Docs on Mobile:
If a person wants to write a document on a mobile phone instead of writing on a desktop, he can easily write on the phone. As mentioned above we can also check word count on mobile phones. Here’s how we can check word count on mobile phones:
- Open the phone’s home screen and click on ‘Google Docs’.
- Tap on the document to continue typing or a person can also start writing on the new document by pressing on the ‘+’ button.
- If he wants to check the word count then press on the three dots that appear at the right corner. By doing this, a menu will appear.
- From the list click on the option ‘Word Count’.Here the number of words written by us will appear.
- Click anywhere on the screen, this will exit the screen.
I hope this article will help you to clear your queries regarding this topic. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.