If a person is searching how to show hidden files on Mac OS PC then you must know that technology has evolved so much in this era that nothing is impossible. Advancement has created protection and safety to our devices as well as the privacy of the user. All the products in the market are modern, advanced, and safe from the previous products.
While if we talk about unhiding the hidden files on Mac OS PC then there are different methods available in the market to do so. A person can just write some keys and all the invisible data will become visible. A person can also seek assistance from third-party apps to show the hidden files present in the device.
How to show hidden files by using Shortcut keys
Using shortcut keys to show the hidden files present in Mac OS PC is the quickest and easy method. The steps that are involved in this method are given below:
- Move towards the ‘Finder’ application and select the ‘Macintosh HD folder’ to open it. Select the ‘Home’ option and enter the given command:
- In this way, all the hidden files will appear on the main screen. If a person wants to hide the given files then enter the same command again this will hide the files that were once hidden.
This method mainly works on documents and applications. A person may watch different files that were considered to be permanently deleted from the computer. It Would be considered a secret back pocket for the lost or deleted data.
How to show hidden files by using Terminal
The other way to show hidden files on Mac OS PC is by using the terminal option. The terminal is another application that works to manage Mac OS PC while on low commands. The steps that are involved in unhiding the hidden files using the terminal method are given below:
- Move towards a ‘Launchpad’ and then select the ‘Terminal’ option to open it up. Now write the given command for showing the hidden files in the terminal:
[defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles-bool true]
- Press the ‘Enter’ button present in Mac OS and then write the given command in the terminal:
- After entering this command the finder will restart and the screen will be refreshed to show all the hidden files present in Mac OS PC. For changing the hidden files again to hidden state just change the command to false from true.
Both terminal and shortcut keys methods are used to show the hidden files on Mac. There is not any major difference between both these methods but the terminal method has an additional function as it is also used to hide the files that were once hidden.
How to show hidden files by using Third-party apps
Statistics have mentioned that more than 6000 apps are produced every day so the developers are working hard to provide helpful apps for every step. Different apps such as Funter, Forklift, and Commander, etc are working to provide a feature of unhiding the hidden files present in Mac OS PC.
By using these apps a person can directly show or hide the hidden files present in the device. Besides the feature of unhiding the hidden files these apps also work to perform different useful functions for the device. If a person wants to unhide the hidden files without using any additional application then it is not compulsory to download third-party applications.
The process to show hidden files on Mac OS PC is somehow critical but the steps that are mentioned here are straightforward and natural. A person must keep in mind that the files are hidden for a specific reason and it is encouraged not to touch such files. Unhiding the hidden files causes some severe trouble so a person shouldn’t work to show the hidden files until there is serious work.