Whenever you take a picture from your iPhone it will produce a shutter sound noise that looks like the sound created when a picture is taken from a stand-alone camera. This sound can annoy any person in some conditions as it is quite loud. For example, if you are in a meeting or a research institute and you want to take pictures silently that nobody notices, or when you want to capture pictures secretly if it is prohibited in the law of your country or you are violating someone’s privacy.
Unfortunately, your iPhone camera app has no direct button or option which you can use to turn off your iPhone camera shutter sound. But there are different workarounds that you can use to mute the Camera shutter sound of your iPhone. The most common method that is used is by using a mute switch or by lowering down the volume. These methods work properly but every time you have to toggle them manually.
How do I turn off the camera noise?
If you want to turn off your camera sound on your iPhone without muting it then this article would be of great help for you. You can use “shortcut automation” and volume will be automatically lower down when the camera app is opened. Interesting thing is that you can set another automation to increase the volume after the camera app is closed so the iPhone will not remain silent.
You can use the shortcut automation process on your iPhone that has the latest iOS version including iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, and iPhone 12/12 Pro.
How do I turn off the camera shutter sound on my iPhone without muting it?
Firstly you have to set automation to shut down the camera sound as it is explained in the given steps:
- From the Apple app store install and launch shortcuts apps on your iPhone. After opening the app select the automation tab.
- If you have not set any automation on the app then select create personal automation. Or tap on the plus icon which is present at the upper right corner of the screen and then tap on Create personal automation.
- A new screen of New automation will open and scroll down until you find the option of the app. After clicking on the App, select the “choose” option present at the right side of the app. Now choose the camera app. You can select any other camera app such as Snapchat if you want to turn off its sound also and then tap on the “Done” button present at the top right corner of the screen.
- Ensure that the “is opened” circle is marked and the “is closed” circle is not checked then select the next option present at the top right corner of the screen.
- Add the location by tapping on the + add location option and then Find the “Set Volume” option by typing set vol in the search bar. Now you will be able to slide the slider, tap on 50% and then slide the slider to the far left side to set the volume to 0% and select the next option.
- Disable the option of asking before running and Choose don’t ask button. Hit the done option and your automation is set up.
After setting up and automation to shut down the volume of the camera app the next step is to re-enable the volume of your iPhone, follow the given steps to automatically turn on the volume after leaving the camera app:
- Open shortcuts app on your iPhone and create personal automation by using the procedure as it is mentioned earlier. Select the app from the new automation screen.
- Select the “choose” option and choose the “camera” and “Snapchat” app. Ensure that the closed option is checked and the opened option is not checked then hit the next option.
- Tap on Add and then type “set vol” in the search bar and from the results tap on select volume. Tap on 50% and now you can slide the slider. To enable the sound, slide it to the right side up to which you want to set your iPhone volume. Then tap on the next option present at the top right corner.
- Disable the “Ask before running” option and tap on don’t ask before hitting the done button.
After doing the above procedure whenever you open your camera app volume will be reduced to 0% and after leaving the app it will be up to you to have it selected.
Whenever you click a photo on your iPhone, the shutter sound is heard every time. You can mute the iPhone so the sound will not be generated but if you want to turn off the camera sound without muting your iPhone then you can easily do it by using a shortcut automation method as is described in the above article. By creating automation your iPhone volume will be automatically shut down whenever you open the camera app and the volume will be increased after leaving the app.