There are different reasons for which a person decided to unfollow a page on Facebook. It might be possible that the following page started posting stuff that is against our mentality. Some conditions also prove that the following page captures no more interest in itself as a person has groomed his personality. It happens that a person has faced harassment issues by the people and content on that page.
All these situations make a person unfollow a page on Facebook. It’s important to know the complete process as getting rid of something problematic is always hard. There is also an option by availing which a person just unfollows a page on Facebook without unliking the page. The best thing about unfollowing is that a person still can gain access to that page and the content on that page even after unfollowing. Unfollowing a page just stops the content of that page from coming to our news feeds.
Unfollowing on Personal Computer
Technologically there are exactly two ways to unfollow a page on Facebook using a personal computer. One process is through the news feed and the other process is directly from the page. The following process is used to unfollow a page on Facebook:
- Click on the Facebook app or the browser which is present in the personal computer of a person.
- Move directly to the page which you want to unfollow on Facebook by searching the corresponding page.
- Just move the cursor over the option of ‘Following’ which is present at the upper part of the page. Click on the option of ‘Unfollow this page’ to unfollow a page on Facebook.
- After selecting this option, a person received a notification telling him that he has unfollowed a page on Facebook. The notification proceeds with the information that a person from now on will no longer be able to watch the content in Newsfeed. At that point, a person must select the ‘Done’ option for the confirmation of this decision.
Unfollowing a page from News Feed is even a simpler and quick process. Following steps are needed to be followed for it:
- Open the Facebook app and a person can see the 3 dots which will be present at the top right side of the page’s content.
- By clicking the 3 dots a person may find different options over there.
- Select the ‘Unfollow’ option to confirm the action to unfollow a page on Facebook.
Unfollowing on Smartphone
There are 2 major ways by which a person can unfollow a page on Facebook by using a smartphone. These processes move through the news feed or directly from the page, according to the desire of the person. The following process is needed to be followed if a person wants to unfollow a page on Facebook:
- Search the Facebook app present in your mobile and tap on it to open the app on your device.
- Move to the page which you want to unfollow or remove from your Newsfeed.
- There would be 3 dots at the upper right side of the mobile screen and were showing the option that ‘Following’
- At the same place, another option is present which is ‘Unfollow’. The unfollow option will be present below the option of ‘In Your Newsfeed’.
- A person can also turn off the page notification just by clicking the option of ‘Edit Notification Settings’
If a person wants to unfollow a page on Facebook using the process of Newsfeed then follow steps are needed to follow:
- Open the Facebook app and select the post on that page which you want to unfollow.
- There would be three dots at the top right side of the mobile’s screen just tap on these 3 dots.
- The option ‘Unfollow’ will appear, select that option to unfollow a page on Facebook.
This article contains all the information regarding the unfollowing of a page on Facebook using a personal or Android device. If you like our work then follow our official pages for more informative articles and news.