Facebook will prove to be an annoying teacher when it is locked. Different restrictions and rules are being displayed to you once the Facebook account is locked. A person doesn’t need to worry about it because these are just warnings and can gain the Facebook account again.
It sounds good to a person whose account is just lost because of Facebook. A person can learn how to unlock your Facebook account by reading the step-by-step guideline which is given below. A person must be patient and not panic with time if he really wants to gain the account back.
Facebook may take 24 to 48 hours or more to unlock your Facebook account because a person needs to verify or prove the Identity to the Facebook officials. Most people don’t know the exact process and the exact sequence of how to unlock your Facebook account. The given article will help you in learning how to unlock your Facebook account.
How can I recover my locked Facebook account?
If you want to learn how to unlock your Facebook account then you must know that it is an easy but time taking process. The steps that are involved in how to unlock your Facebook account with the complete guideline are given below:
- Select the Facebook application present on the device and the Facebook login page will appear on the screen. Click the ‘Forgot Password’ option which will be present below the login options. Write the linked email address or phone number in the boxes which will appear on the screen.
- If a person doesn’t remember the exact phone number and email address which were once linked then you can also use the complete name instead of the phone number and email address.
- A complete list of different accounts related to the email address, phone number, and entire name will appear on the screen. All the accounts would be of the same name a person just needs to select his account from the given options and continue the process.
- An OTP will be sent to verify the identity and a person is asked to enter the OTP which consists of six digits. You just need to verify the OTP and select the ‘Continue’ option and write the new password on the page that appears on the screen.
- Select the ‘continue’ option and hence a person can open up a Facebook account. You can also seek help from your friends and family members to unlock your Facebook account.
A person needs to have a trustworthy friend so that he can visit the nominated code hence you can get your security code. When you gain your security code you can easily log in to your Facebook account by using this code without a slip. Because of the security policies of Facebook 24 hours are needed to complete the security check of your Facebook account. A person needs to pass the time with patience.
How much time does it take Facebook to unlock your account?
If we specifically talked about temporarily locking a Facebook account then luckily it’s a short period. A person can unlock the locked account within 24 to 48 hours. The most important thing to mention is that the account can be regained as soon as a person completes the instructions present on the screen.
Also See: Who Can See My Facebook Account
How to contact Facebook when my account is locked?
In 2013 an amazing feature was introduced by Facebook which is known as ‘Trusted Contacts’. This feature is specially created to help the users when the account is lost or locked out or any other unpredictable condition. For setting this feature move towards the ‘Settings’ of Facebook and then select the ‘Security and login’. Select the ‘Edit button which is present beside the ‘Choose 3 to 5 Friends’ option. These 3-5 friends will help you in any miserable condition or if your account is locked.
A person needs to wait for the given period until the account is being retrieved. A person will be visible on Facebook before the period ends. It also happens that this method would not be a good one for you. Sometimes, due to a large mistake or offense on Facebook, a person must prove the ID to them.
If an account has been locked by Facebook because of a security threat then a person needs to wait 96 hours for 4 days to log in again to the Facebook account. Verified ID proof with name, birthday, and picture is important. A person can also use a passport, driver’s license, or any other ID issued by the government.