Snapchat is a very popular social app, which is famous for its unique and attractive filters. Another interesting feature that pulls users towards it is the idea of making streaks with loved ones. You can follow your friends and family, send text messages and snaps to them but while enjoying its features you may break the rules of Snapchat’s policy and in that case, Snapchat may disable or block your account.
If one day you didn’t find your account or you are not able to log in to it then surely your account will be blocked by Snapchat. If your Snapchat account becomes blocked then you don’t have to ruin your day by depressing yourself. You can get it back if it is temporarily blocked. One more thing that you should understand is you can not get your account back in a few minutes after requesting for unlocking, you have to wait at least 24 hours.
Why is my Snapchat locked?
A Lot of people’s Snapchat accounts are blocked temporarily by Snapchat every day so you don’t need to take it too seriously. There are some basic mistakes that users do that result in locking their accounts according to the Snapchat support page. And Snapchat has already cleared that violation of any rule mentioned by them will result in blocking your Snapchat account. A person must have to know what he or she is violating.
These mistakes include not verifying email or phone numbers but adding many friends, showing abusive behavior for instance sending spam messages or using third-party apps to access Snapchat services. For instance, you are using a third-party app to sneak into someone’s snap.
There is a chance that someone has reported your account but Snapchat doesn’t disable anyone account immediately after getting a report, it will check whether you are violating any rule or not and if you are proved to be a culprit then Snapchat will give you a warning and if you repeat the mistake even after receiving warning then your account will be blocked. So you should avoid repeating the mistakes.
What to do if your Snapchat account is locked?
If you are unable to log in to your Snapchat account that doesn’t mean you can’t get it back. Snapchat will send you a notification message notifying you that your account is temporarily locked then after 24 hours you have to try to login again but before this, you have to resolve the problem due to which your account was locked so Follow the following steps to unlock your Snapchat account:
- The first thing you should do is uninstall any plugins or third-party apps if you are using related Snapchat and then try to login into your account. These apps are a big threat to your Snapchat account and Snapchat is very concerned about its users’ security. If after getting a notification from Snapchat you still use a third-party app then Snapchat may punish you harshly by banning your account for a long time.
- You can also unlock your account by using the unlock button on the notification. The notification message that you received from Snapchat saying that your account is temporarily locked, below this message a yellow color button of “unlock” is present. Click on it and wait for 24 hours and try again to log into your account.
- If you don’t know the reason for locking your account or if your account is locked for the long term then it is best to contact Snapchat customer care. They will inform you why your account is being disabled and how long you have to wait to get it back.
- Maybe you are not logging into your account due to an error. Turn off your internet connection whatever you are using and then turn it on. You can also put your device into airplane mode and wait for a few minutes and then turn off airplane mode. You can also resolve the issue by restarting or rebooting your device and then again try to log into your Snapchat account.
- If none of the above worked then delete or uninstall the Snapchat app from your mobile phone. Make sure to delete all the app data and then again install it from the Google play store or Apple store and try to log into your Snapchat account.
Can you unlock a permanently locked Snapchat?
After locking your account mostly Snapchat informs you to wait 24 hours and after 24 hours you will be able to log into your account but if your account is permanently locked then there is no way to unlock it. After 30 days of temporary locking of your account, Snapchat deletes your account permanently.
There are a lot of reasons due to which Snapchat locked someone’s account. The common thing is the person is violating the rules mentioned by the Snapchat policy. Snapchat will lock your account mostly temporarily and you can get it back after 24 hours resolving the issue but after 30 days of lock, Snapchat will delete your account permanently.