A person needs to update all the applications present on his device. All the updated versions have different beneficial features in them which provide a user better experience during using the application.
The apps that directly respond in the personal, as well as official dealings of a person, must be updated so that all the dealings should be at their best level. If a person keeps on neglecting the updated version of applications then it might be possible that the old version may cause difficulty in using the app and creates a fuss for a person.
It is important to know that most people around us are using the old version of Skype just because they don’t know how to update Skype at the latest version. The steps that are given below are a guideline for such people as all the steps are those required for the updating of Skype from an old version to the latest version.
Updating on Mac
If a person wants to update Skype on his Mac then it is a very easy process. Steps that are involved in updating Skype on MacOS at the latest version are given below:
- Click on the Skype app present in the device of a person. Select the Skype option which is present in the menu of MacOS. Click on the option of ‘Check for updates, if there would be any latest version of Skype then the application will alert you that there is the latest version and you need to update your application.
- Click on the ‘Download’ option to start the process of updating the Skype application on your Mac device. When the downloading process is completed the Skype will automatically update the latest version and a person can enjoy it within no time.
Updating on iphone
The following steps are involved in updating the latest version of Skype on an iPhone:
- Tap on the Apple App Store to start the process of updating Skype on an iPhone. An option ‘Updates’ will be present at the bottom right side of the screen just tap on it to open this option.
- Move down to check whether the latest version of Skype is available for updating or not. If the latest version of Skype is available then tap on the ‘Update’ option to start the process of updating Skype on an iPhone.
- Tap on the Skype app and move towards the profile which is present at the top of the iPhone screen. Move down and then select the ‘About’ option to see which version of Skype we are using on our device.
Updating on Android
Updating Skype on Android device is a very simple task and the following steps are involved in it:
- Search the Google Play store in the menu of the device and tap on it to open the application. When the Google Play store will be opened, tap on the three lines which are known as the hamburger icon at the top left side of the screen.
- Tap on the option of ‘My apps and games. Tap on the option of ‘Updates’ if there would be an updated version of any application then the Google Play store will alert you by showing them all in one list. If you don’t find the Skype app in the list of applications with updated versions then scroll down to search for Skype.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ option to see all the installed apps present on the device. Tap on the ‘Update’ option if any installed app has an update written beside its name.
This article contains all the information regarding how to update Skype on different devices. If you want to learn more about this article then follow our website for the latest updates.