Google Drive is one of the best features provided by Google to its users. Google Drive provides extra space to the users in the device to upload as many files as they want. A person can also gain access to these files just by signing in to your Google Drive from any place. A person doesn’t need to carry a lot of files and data with itself, rather a person can watch every file after signing in to Google Drive from any device.
There are different features and benefits of Google Drive but people don’t know much about it. If you want to do how to upload to Google Drive then the process involved in the answer to this question is given below:
How to upload to Google Drive from a PC?
The steps that are involved in how to upload to Google drive from PC are given below:
- First, open up the browser of the PC and type Drive.Google.com then a page with the signing in option will appear on the screen. A user must sign in to a Google account using all the important credentials. If a person wants to upload a video in a previously present folder then select the folder from your drive. A person can also create a new folder to upload a video.
Drag and Drop Method
- One method to upload is the drag-drop method. In this method, a person needs to reduce the size of the browser window which is opening Google Drive then select the folder where you want to save the video on the PC and reduce the size.
- Now open up two windows side by side and just select the video you want to add to Google drive. After selecting drag the video from its place to the google drive folder and now drop it there. The video starts uploading to Google Drive so a person can watch the uploading from the bar present at the lower right side of the Google Drive window.
- When Windows has completely uploaded the cycle which is progressing in the background will turn green. A person can access this file from anywhere using Google Drive.
New Icon Method
- Open up the folder where you want to upload a video file. At the left corner of the Google Drive screen, click on the ‘New Folder’ option and you will witness different options will appear on the screen. Different options which will appear on the screen select the ‘File upload’ option.
- Move towards the place where the desired video is present and select the video. At the lower right side of the screen select the ‘Open’ option. In this way, videos start uploading to Google Drive and the person can see the progress through the bar which is present at the lower right side of the screen. The background circle will turn green when the window is completely uploaded.
How to upload to Google Drive from a mobile phone?
The steps that are involved in how to upload to Google Drive from a mobile phone are given below:
- Search the Google docs application present in the mobile phone and tap on it to open it. At the lower right side of the mobile screen select the option of ‘Files’ present in the Google Drive application. Then the files tab will open select the desired folder where you want to upload the video.
- At the lower right side of the screen, select the option in which different options appear at the lower part of the screen. Select the ‘Create New’ option from the options available on the main screen and then click on the ‘Upload’ option. At last, find the video in your mobile which you want to upload to Google Drive and tap on the video to select it.
- The video will start showing ‘Waiting to Upload’ after some time it appears like ‘uploading’. In this way, a video will be uploaded from a mobile phone.
How do I upload large videos to Google Drive?
If a person wants to know how to upload to Google Drive a large file then the steps are very simple. Open up the email where a large file is present which you want to save to Google drive. Move the cursor over the attachment and select the option of ‘Add to Drive’. In this way, the file will be added to Google drive.
Why I am unable to upload my video to Google Drive?
A problem in uploading a video to Google Drive and it is encouraged to restart the upload or restart the Google Drive application present in the device. For the Android users move towards the ‘Settings’ and then select the ‘Apps and notifications’ then select all applications. Search Google Drive application from the list of these applications and select the option of ‘Force stop’. After following these steps when a person again uploads the video to Google Drive then it would be uploaded successfully.
How large a video can you upload to Google Drive?
If a person has purchased a lot of storage in Google Drive then videos up to 5 TB can be stored on Google Drive. If a person has not purchased any storage then a person is bound to store as many videos as the storage is available in Google Drive. A person is free to upload a video of different resolutions of the desired quality but a maximum resolution is 1920×1080.
It is also important to know that different videos may take different times to upload. 2GB video takes one hour to upload to Google Drive and 20 minutes may also be taken by the video additionally in the processing to display it with the correct resolution. After reading this article a person may answer how to upload to Google Drive.