Apple has launched the “Find my iPhone” app, by using it you can easily locate your Apple devices. It can be used to know the location of iOS devices, iPods, iPad, Apple watches, Airpods, and Mac computers. It is the best app to be used if you have lost or somebody has stolen your iPhone, even you can use this app to find other Apple devices including Mac.
If you want to locate your Mac in just a few seconds then the best thing is to sign your Mac computer with an iCloud account and enable the feature of “Find my Mac” on your computer.
Steps to allow the “Find my iPhone” app to use your Mac location
You can follow the given steps to use the “Find my iPhone” feature to find the location of your Mac computer:
- By using Macbook pro on your Mac go to the “System preferences” tab.
- A new tab of System preferences will open containing a lot of options. In the third row, you will find the “iCloud” option. Its icon will contain a blue cloud in the center, click on that icon.
- A menu will appear containing many service icons. Scroll down until you find the “Find My Mac” icon of green color. All the icons contain a check box before their name, some checkboxes have a blue checkmark and some are blank. Ensure that the “Find my Mac” icon has a blue checkmark on the left side. If it is blank then click on the blank box.
- A notification will pop up on your Mac screen. Mac Computer will ask you to allow “Find My Mac” so it can use Your Mac’s location. Click the “Allow” option.
- After Clicking on the allow option, a blue checkmark will appear in the box on the left side of the ” Find my Mac” option. It is a confirming sign that your Mac computer’s location will be accessible to the “Find my iPhone” feature.
Use iCloud to Find the Location of your Mac computer
- Open a web browser and go to iCloud website “iCloud.com
- Sign in to your iCloud id, type your email address or Apple id which is linked with your Mac computer, and then type the password.
- On your Mac computer screen, you can see a pop-up notification that will inform you that your iCloud account has a new sign-in, this notification will also contain a verification code. Enter that verification code to sign in to your iCloud account and then hit the arrow.
- After signing into your iCloud account, Go to the Find iPhone app.
- A web page will open, in the center of that page, you will find an option of “My Devices” click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear. This menu will contain many device names, find the name of your Mac computer and select it.
After clicking on your Mac Computer name you can do three things, firstly you can play a sound on your Mac computer so you can find its location by listening to the sound. Secondly, you can Lock your Mac computer so nobody can unlock or use it. Thirdly you can erase your Mac computer from iCloud.
Hopefully, you find this article helpful and you can use this feature easily. For more interesting and helpful articles keep visiting our website.