We are so dependent on our mobile phones and tablets that we find it hard to live our lives without these technologies. Losing a mobile phone is like losing a very precious thing in our life.
To help the users Google has launched a feature named “Find my Device” which enables you to know the exact location of your phone or tablet. Even by using this feature, you can lock down your device or in case of theft when you didn’t find it you can erase all the data in it.
Set up the feature
To use the “Find my Device” feature on your device you must have to set it up on your device first, then you can find the location of your android device easily by using the app “Find my Device app” on your computer or on any other device. Google information is used to sign in to the Find my device google app.
Following things must be present in your device :
- The device must be on
- Google account must be log into your mobile
- Mobile must have data connection on or wifi connected
- Its location service must be on
How to ensure that the device is set up in the right way
To ensure that your device is set up for the “Find my Device” feature rightly follow the given steps:
- Ensure that your mobile phone or tablet is on. If it is power off, firstly power on it.
- Ensure that your mobile phone’s mobile data or WiFi is on. You can check it from settings or from the “quick settings” icon. To do this pull down from the top of the main screen of your mobile then again pull-down, then you get the view of quick settings to ensure that your wifi or mobile data is on. Otherwise, tap on their respective icons to turn them on.
- Tap on the Settings icon then scrolls down to find Google, in the Google tab select Google account. If you are logged into your Google account then your Gmail address and name will appear on top of the screen.
- Select security and location from the Google page.
- A new tab of Security and location will be open. Select the “Find my Device” option and ensure that it is on or off. If you find it off then toggle the switch present at the top of the screen to turn on the feature.
- Tap on the back option of your device and then again select security and location then tap on the privacy option.
- Ensure your location is on from the location tab. If it shows it is off then toggle the switch to the location
- Google play shows your Phone’s status on it by default. You can check your device status easily from the settings option of the Google play website play.google.com/settings.
Use the “Find my device” feature
- Open your browser and type google.com/android/find in the search box.
- A new window will open, type your Gmail and password to login your Google account
- If the above-mentioned requirements are full then find my device will locate your device and your device’s location will appear on a map by a dropping pin.
After getting your device location you can lock your device or erase your data on the device. You can also play a sound on your device to find it easily.
Hopefully, this article was helpful for you. Visit our website for reading more informative articles.