YouTube provides you a platform where you can watch a variety of videos and you can also upload videos. YouTube is used all over the world and according to a survey, more than 2 billion people log into YouTube every month.
Real content creators use this platform to show their skills and to earn money also. They upload videos on different topics but they may find it difficult as a YouTube account that is not verified can not upload videos more than 15 minutes long and they do not customize their video’s thumbnails.
If you verify your YouTube account then you would be able to enjoy the advanced features of YouTube. You can upload a video whose timing is more than 15 minutes and also you can customize thumbnails of your YouTube videos. Any YouTube user can easily verify your youtube account, the only thing he or she needs is His or her mobile phone number. The mobile phone number will be used to verify the user’s identity.
There is a need to understand that you will not get any verification badge after verifying your YouTube account. Verification badges do not provide any additional features to the users.
A verification badge is provided by YouTube to the user which must have subscribers more than 100000. When a User has that amount of users then YouTube considers that user as an established content creator.
Requirements of verification
To verify your youtube account a person must need an internet connection and a phone number. If you don’t have an internet connection on your mobile phone or you have not a sim card on your mobile phone then you may not be able to verify your youtube account. In some countries, text message service is not provided to their citizens in that case you can not verify your youtube account.
Steps to verify your youtube account
Anyone can follow the given steps to verify your youtube account so he or she can upload videos having more than 15 minutes’ timing and can customize their video’s thumbnails:
- Open your web browser and open the YouTube website “youtube.com”.
- You will see a toolbar on the left-hand side, scroll down and find the “settings” option from the toolbar. Click on that option.
- Then a new menu option will contain options on the left-hand side, from the options click “Account”.
- Under the account heading you will see the “View additional features” option just below the “Your account” subheading. Click on the “View additional features” option.
- A new window will open, it will contain your profile picture and name at the top left side of the screen. Click the ” Verify” option present below your youtube profile name.
- Account verification will be done in two steps. The new window will ask you first to select your residential country name. Click on a small arrow in the box then a list of countries will appear or you can type your country name in the given box.
- Then in the next step, YouTube will ask you “How should we deliver verification code to you” then you have to select either the ” Call me” option or the ” Text me” option.
- Click on the “Confirm ” option if you have selected the Call me the option
- Type your phone number in the given box and you will receive a 6 digit verification code.
- Type that code in the box and click on the “Submit” option
After doing the above procedure you will get a confirmation message from YouTube that your account has been verified.
Thank you for reading the article. Visit our website to know more about YouTube features.