Snapchat is a famous social media app that is providing its users a source of entertainment and enjoyment. It allows its users to click pictures by using a lot of filters.
The filters of Snapchat are amazing and liked by all the users. It also provides a facility to save clicked pictures in Snapchat as well as an in-camera roll of devices. We can use Snapchat on both iPhone or Android devices.
If we talk about the features provided by Snapchat to its users then we come to know that there are a lot of features that Snapchat provides to its users. These features are not only amazing but also very helpful for many users. It provides features like exchanging snaps, adding filters, and effects, live video chatting and sharing stories, etc.
Snapchat has updated a new feature that is Snapchat maps. In this article, we will learn about the working of this new feature, how it works, and its pros and cons. We will also learn the steps required to disable Snapchat maps
Snapchat map feature:
Snapchat map is a new updated feature that is introduced by Snapchat. The main purpose of this feature is to provide its user a facility to share their location with their friends and relatives.
A Bitmoji avatar starts showing on the map that helps other people to know the location of the particular person. A user can not only share his location with his friends but can also find their friend’s location by Bitemoji avatar on the map.
Also, See: How To know Others Friends list On Snapchat
Working of Snapchat maps features
Smart phone’s internet connection and eternal GPS are required for working on Snapchat maps. They allow the user to share their location with friends. The data of the device must be turned on if we want to use the Snapchat map feature.
This feature also affects cellular data usage. Before using this feature, many users become conscious about their safety but some users become anxious and want to use this feature as early as possible.
Pros of Snapchat Maps:
There are many advantages of Snapchat maps. Some of them are:
- See activities of friends: Snapchat provides a great facility to see the activities as well as the stories of friends so that we remain in contact with our friends.
- Share location: We can share our location, pictures, and videos with our friends by using this amazing feature of Snapchat maps.
- Viewing other’s stories: Snapchat not only allows us to see stories of our friends but also allows us to have a look at different events and stories or pictures shared by other persons.
Cons of Snapchat maps:
The Snapchat map feature has many disadvantages too. Some are:
- Privacy issue: Many people dislike this feature because they are very conscious about their privacy and hence don’t want to share their location with others.
- Data usage: The other disadvantage of this feature is that it affects data usage. It means that it uses our cellular data. Hence many users dislike it.
Steps to disable Snapchat maps feature:
There are some steps a person can follow to disable the Snapchat maps feature if we don’t like it or want to remove it:
- Open the Snapchat app. At the top left, we will see a ghost button. Tap on it. The next step is to click on the gear-shaped icon that is named ‘Setting’. In settings, tap on the option ‘See my Location’ by scrolling down in the settings.
- Finally, the last step of disabling the Snapchat map feature is to click on the slider. This will enable the ghost mode and the Snapchat map feature will be disabled.
We hope you like this article. Please follow us on our websites for more articles like this.