In the world of technology, one must keep itself updated about the new gadgets and features that are introduced into the world. If a person is having an advanced device but unable to use it properly then the device is useless for that person.
One must be aware of the new features of the advanced social media apps to make themselves connected with modern technology.
Many of the people out there don’t know the basics about Facebook and Instagram yet they have accounts on them but their interest is to just like and share the posts. Most of us don’t even know that What do push notifications mean on Facebook.
Push notifications are the notifications that we receive while we are not using Facebook, these notifications appear on our screen without any invitation. Push notifications are notifications that associate with our interest hence Facebook pushes them and throws them into our screens.
Push Notification ON/OFF
It is important that Facebook only pushes that notifications resemble our point of interest rather than throwing irrelevant material on our way. For this purpose, move towards the ‘Notifications setting’ and allow ‘push notifications to the desired sites.
The following steps involve turning on/off the notifications:
- Log in to Facebook on a web browser or a mobile phone.
- The downward arrow which is present at the top right side of a browser and 3 dots which are present at the bottom right of the app, select them.
- At first click on ‘Settings and Privacy’ then select ‘Settings on the browser as well as on an app.
- Now click on notification on the left side options while on mobile apps move down to select ‘Notification Setting’
- Then comes an option of ‘What notification You receive’. In these options, select one notification where you want to apply the push notification setting.
- Select push notification setting as on/off.
One can select the push notification setting for the following notification:
Gives you a notification about comments as well as replies on a post, when tagged in a post, about reminders, when people like or share a post on a timeline, updates about the friends status, information about friend requests, and people one may know.
Turning Notification on Browser
If a person uses Google Chrome or Firefox then the feature of Push notification is available over there. The first move to Facebook.com then select ‘Settings and Privacy.’ After that select ‘Settings’ and move towards ‘Notifications’. There an option will appear which says ‘How you get a notification’ select it and then click on ‘Browser’
Then turn push notification to ‘on’ position, this will turn on the push notification on the browser. But if you want to go off then select ‘Mute Notification’ to stop all the push notifications from the browser.
Turning Notification on Mobile phone
Turning the push notification on or off on the mobile is an easy task. The following steps are involved:
- Open the mobile ‘notifications Setting’ and then select ‘ Manage your Notifications’
- If a person wants to ‘Mute Push Notification’ then turn the switch to the ‘on’ position but if wanted to receive push notifications then keep this setting.
- If a person selects an option of mute notification the popup notification will appear asking about the time limit one wants for this mute.
In this way, one can easily and briefly come to know about push notifications working, and applying procedures.